Friday 24 February 2012

My precious daughter and why I have been so quiet for so long

I was not sure whether to post this or not, but things are now hopefully looking up. My youngest girl was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia in March 2011, she has spent 5 months in hospital and had a bone marrow transplant in July 2011, she has been at home since September recovering and is doing incredibly well. The photo shows you where she lived for 4 weeks, totally isolated in a bubble.

She will hopefully start school again after the easter holidays, which will be very hard for her as she is almost a year behind her peers in reception class. But I do not mind that struggle with special needs statements and so forth as long as she is happy and at school playing normally again.

CocoCards has helped me through it all, it was something to do on the very long days in  hospital, sometimes when clients phoned me I am sure they have wondered what on earth was going on, infusions beeping in the background, my little girl shouting I need a peepee now.

Your child being ill is one of the worst things that can ever happen to you, but luckily it is very rare. We have so many people looking out for us and praying for us.

My daughter inspires me every day to be strong and positive and I love her deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment