Sunday 20 June 2010

So we have arrived



We arrived in France on Thursday after a tortuous journey, 3 ½ hours in traffic jams around Paris, but we got to our friends’ house at midnight and woke up to a rainy day in France, but they live on a huge farm, so we woke up to strawberries from their garden and eggs from their chickens and of course fresh baguettes.
Then on to our new house which is so French, no carpets obviously, shutters, silk wallpaper, no shower and 2 bidets!!!
The kids went on a tour of their new school on Friday and like it up till now, there are 6 English kids there already – all girls though – sorry Jacob.
Everything is so much more expensive over here, a kitchen bin is 40 Euros – ahhhhh.
I think I am going to love it here, the village is so lovely, small but has everything a French person needs, but maybe not an English person, I already have a long list of things to buy in the UK.
Content and happy but very tired, I think this is the start of something great, we have always wanted our children to be bilingual and experience life to the full and we have just made the first big step, how good does that feel.
We will have broadband tomorrow, so CocoCards as normal from tomorrow morning. Just with a french twist.
I forgot to mention in my last post, the most amazing supportive loving people in my life other than my kids and Jeremy of course, my parents. They have been so wonderful over the past few months and are such fantastic grandparents. This post is really for you, we love you and will miss you with all our hearts, that is the only down side of moving to France the fact that we will be so far away from you, as your grandchildren and I love you dearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment