Friday 9 March 2012

New beginnings


I have lived in France now for just under 2 years and it has been an absolute rollercoaster, I have loved so much of our life here, but now our French experience is coming to an end. We are moving back to the UK very very soon, why you may ask give up good weather, a relaxed life, beautiful surroundings, the food, the wonderful weekly markets, the skiing, the beaches.
The reason is our little daughter, the french health system has been amazing and she has had wonderful treatment, but it is time to be home with my friends and family. My mother lived with us in france for nearly 5 months while my daughter was in hospital, I will never ever be able to thank my parents enough for giving up their lives to support us through such a hard time, but if she goes into hospital again I need to be in england in a familiar environment.
Also she needs a lot of special care and I need to be there and hold her hand every step of the way, to do this I need to speak the native language, so england here we come.
It is not the end of our French journey, we now have 2 bilingual children and good friends here, so we will back.

No comments:

Post a Comment